- The program will improve 802 of MoDOT’s most worn-out bridges in five years – by Dec. 31, 2013.
- The 802 bridges are divided into two groups. 248 have been identified for rehabilitation. 554 will be completely replaced.
- On May 21, 2009, the Missouri Highways and Transportation Commission selected KTU Constructors to replace 554
bridges in a single design-build contract.
- KTU Constructors is utilizing a number of Missouri-based subcontractors and materials suppliers to deliver the project.
- There are 10,249 bridges on the Missouri state highway system – 7th largest total nationwide.
- Approximately 1,100 of them are in poor/serious condition. The Safe & Sound Initiative will address most of these bridges.
- Below are some of the bridges that Gerdan slipformed.